13.4.05

DeAnn made me do it

And since I'm a horrible follower, and seeing I haven't blogged in forever (although I have started several posts and never finished), and since it's 4:30 a.m. and I can't sleep, here it goes:

The Sound of Memes

1. Song that sounds like happy feels:


"So Happy Together" by The Turtles. Second runner up: Anything by The Polyphonic Spree.

2. Earliest (music) memory:

I'm not sure which one came first, but Michael Jackson's "Thriller", Billy Joel's "Uptown Girl" and Madonna's "True Blue" all come to mind. So does Cat Stevens' "Teaser and the Firecat", and seeing Joan Jett sing "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" on MTV.


3. Last CD you bought:

"Mona Bone Jakon" by Cat Stevens and "Four Seasons" by Vivaldi.


4. Reminds you of school:


Mazzy Star is the best make-out music ever.


5. Total music files on your computer:


Approximately 5,796.


6. Song for listening to repeatedly when depressed:


Just one? (Argh!, gasp!, Sigh!) I can make any song depressing, but the Oscar goes to Nico's "These Days".


7. Sounds British, but isn't:


Uh, I'll have to get back to you on this.


8. Song you love, band you hate:


I have no room in my life for hate. But I am occasionally ashamed of certain guilty pleasures, which I refuse to reveal.


9. A favorite song from the past that took ages to track down:


This is a stupid question (yes, there is such a thing).

10. Bought the album for one good song:


I have to like at least two songs to buy an album.


11. Worst song to get stuck in your head:


Culture Club's "Karma Chameleon".


12. Best song to dump a beer on someone's head to, then storm out of the bar?


"99 Problems" by Jay-Z.


13. Who should do this next?


Anyone who reads this. "Hello ... is there anybody out there?"