24.11.04

That's Ms. Loser to you

Last week, in the middle of a breakdown, I sent my best friend a laundry list of reasons my life is falling apart. It included, in no particular order, the fact that I have no idea where I'm headed (emotionally and professionally) and that I'll be homeless in less than one month. I then offered her the best example of my inability to accomplish anything: "I can't even keep up my blog!"

That's right. The fact that I couldn't maintain something as simple and (no offense) seemingly unimportant as a blog made me feel like a loser. Today I decided to take control.

Five minutes ago I deleted my first blog. A friend begged me not to, but I rejected her pack-rat mentality, opting instead to Feng Shui my psyche. And I have to tell you, I feel fucking great. I do believe this is what Martha Stewart (God, bless her) would call "A Good Thing."

I started my first Web Log last spring in an effort to keep family and friends posted on my life. I was moving from one coast to the other, and wanted an easy way to keep people informed. This will be more of the same, only different and better. Here's to a fresh start.